Some Australian tradesman was bitten by a venomous spider on the penis TWICE in a span of six months in 2016. Not sure if it was the same spider, but he was bitten on the exact same spot on his penis both times. Both bites occurred in portable toilets. The second time he carefully inspected the entire toilet, including under the rim, but this sneaky little spider was determined to wreak penile havoc. The first time it happened everyone was sympathetic. But the second time? Even the doctors were laughing. This story really reminds me of the phrase ‘Once bitten, twice shy’. Luckily he is still alive and well (for now).
It’s hard to think of someone unluckier than him, but I think I managed to do so. Adolphe Sax, the inventor of the saxophone, suffered a series of bizarre accidents in his childhood. He fell from a height of three floors and hit his head on a stone. He accidentally swallowed a pin. He burnt himself in a gunpowder explosion. Somehow he fell into a frying pan and burnt himself again. He fell in a river and almost drowned. When he was an adult, he had lip cancer for five years but recovered. Even his mother once said, “He’s a child condemned to misfortune. He won’t live.” Despite all this he still managed to invent the Saxophone. But sadly no one took his invention seriously until after his death.